In August 1887, ”1880 Mediteranean Rail” had a fleet of 15 train engines (five 4-2-2 Iron Duke, two 4-4-0 8-Wheeler, seven 2-8-0 Consolidation and one 2-4-0 Vulcan).
At Montpellier Station, there were three 4-2-2 Iron Duke when the picture below was taken in August 1887.
The only 2-4-0 Vulcan of 1880MR was heading to La Rochelle with two passenger wagons, one dining wagon and three cattle wagons.
A roundhouse and a customs house were built at Montpellier Station in August 1887.
At train station Murcia, one passenger wagon and one produce wagon were waiting to be hauled. Also, a customs house was built next to the post office.
To be continued…